Parents' Views of WLSJ
Prospective parents should gather as much information about their child’s future school as possible. Apart from visiting school beforehand it is useful to know the opinions of other parents.
At St. James, we try to keep in touch with parents as closely as possible and fine-tune our practices where necessary. As a result, parental comments are predominantly positive. A selection are shown below:
Some of your comments on the success of school over the past year:
- Building children’s confidence through a range of fun activities inside and outside the school.
- Enrichment days.
- After school club with Miss Clark.
- Really enjoy taking part in all the Christmas and Easter celebrations at school and church.
- PE sessions and Forest School have been amazing and my child enjoys assembly celebrations, open sessions and discos!
- All events that school hosts i.e. things for PTA or joining in community activities.
- More clubs at lunchtimes.
- Waddow Hall was brilliant, also Windmill Farm.
- Good range of extra-curricular activities e.g. trips, ‘Squiggles and Wiggles’, variety of visitors from religious backgrounds.
- Art and sewing clubs/chess club- nice to see some variety.
- Visitors into school.
- Encourage children to tell everyone about activities outside of school too.
- Helping my child to feel safe, settled and happy.
- My child has learned so much from school.
- Open sessions for parents.
- Settle children in smoothly.
- Provide children with a fun learning environment.
- Support with maths and phonics.
- Encourage children’s social development and to build friendships.
- Staff shortage situation- brilliant solutions from Miss Clark.
- Managing class with long-term sick- staff member to keep children supported and try to keep learning consistent.
- SIAMS inspection.
- Open classroom afternoons are always good/enjoyed.
- My child’s progress in phonics, reading and writing has been fantastic and he also likes learning within his classroom and continues at home happily.
- Fantastic relationships with all teachers and pupils.
- Preparing my daughter for her SATs.
- Early Years Award.
- From my perspective the progress made with my child has improved and I feel as though they are understood much more by their teacher.
- During and post COVID keeping the pupils engaged and on track and the general return to normality.
- Newish head- first full year without COVID issues!
- Continuing excellent teaching despite staff sickness.
- Fantastic communication with parents via Seesaw and open sessions.
At the time of a school inspection plus any time of year, parents can give their views to Ofsted using the Parent View questionnaire at Parentview.ofsted.gov.uk.
Your responses will help Ofsted to form an accurate picture of our school and give it a fair assessment.
Parent View gives you the chance to tell Ofsted what you think about your child’s school.
Parent View asks for your opinion on 12 aspects of your child’s school, from the quality of teaching, to dealing with bullying and poor behaviour. Ofsted will use the information you provide when making decisions about which schools to inspect, and when. By sharing your views, you’ll be helping the school to improve. You will also be able to see what other parents have said about your child’s school.